I made this lovely fruity, nutty cake because of the over abundance of Bananas in my house which turn ripe very fast. Throwing them away is obviously not an option but using them into this delicious not only gives the ripe bananas a purpose but also serves as a great breakfast snack. Yummylicious!
Banana Bread Recipe:
- 1 cup Walnuts or/and Almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 ripe large bananas, mashed well
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and place oven rack to middle position.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Place the nuts on a baking sheet and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Let cool and then chop coarsely.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nuts.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the mashed bananas, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla.
- With a spoon, lightly fold the banana mixture into the dry ingredients just until combined and the batter is thick and chunky. (Over mixing the batter will yield tough, rubbery bread.)
- Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until bread for about 55 to 60 minutes.
- Place on a wire rack to cool and then remove the bread from the pan.